Spain Day 42


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Banyuls-sur-Mer
February 5th 2019
Published: February 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Titles starting to seem strange now. Not just because 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything, but because we're not in Spain anymore, having crossed the border this afternoon, back into our adopted country. But it's all one trip, and the titles link the bits together - so it's still "the Spain trip."
That last little car park gave us a surprisingly peaceful night, since both road and the railway were far enough away not to keep us awake - at least until the morning commutes kicked off. By then the sun was shining straight at us across the Med, so who cares?
As we'd decided last night, we set the satnav for the first motorhome "aire" in France, at Port Vendres. It was a longer stage than we'd been used to, at 2.5 hours plus lunch stop, but along a very enjoyable route - mainly the N11. Much more pleasant than the motorways - except for the Wild West border town of La Jonquera!
Anyway, having settled on the Aire, we took a walk along the footpaths for some views across the bay (see pictures ).
We want to go home via the Ariège dept, as we've been reading novels set there and it might be fun to try to identify the real equivalents of the fictitious villages!
Long hop today - 145km, making 2742.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb