Paris - ooo lala! or is it...exhausted groovers!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
January 2nd 2015
Published: January 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well you groovers, we have spent the last 3 days in Paris! What a city! words cant really describe this place, the frantic pace, the millions of tourists crammed into every nook and crevice...but it surely is one incredible city to visit!



Every where you look, there is stunning architecture! The buildings have stories to tell themselves, and the places to see....yikes! Its a feeling of where do you look, your head spins 360's trying to capture every essence of this place. All to know, you will never fully see this incredible city. No matter how many visits you make, its just not enough.

I have learnt one thing here, 3 short days (with one of them closed for public holidays) is not enough to even scratch the surface. Because the city shuts down on New Years day, we had to "do" the city in 2 days! As you can guess, thats just not enough,and when cues to see anything are taking hours, you have decide just what am I prepared to cue for so long for. For us, we made a decision that doing the bus trip around for a couple of days would be great. We were able to use any of the 4 circuits to see the city overall, and get off anytime. So you think, thats great hey...try doing 2 of the circuits in a day....getting off to see things..yep, exhausting!!! The bus trip around was fantastic tho, and the French L'Open Bus was really great and very informative....and we did have fun, even if we froze sitting up top, with 5 layers on, and still shaking from the cold when we get off!!!

As we had decided that we would be coming back again to Paris within the next 2 years, a visit to Ireland for passport is necessary, so we got to see much of everything and everywhere, and noted the places we really want to see, how to get the tickets to jump any ques etc, so we got the overall of Paris, and walked many many kilometers everyday still, (till our bones hurt and we could but collapse in a heap). We went down streets off the tourist track, we dined in funny obscure little cafes, we had a ball in the sun warming ourselves, and most of all, we indulged ourselves in the Eiffel Tower!

On New Years day, we journeyed by walking the back streets to Pere Lachaise Cemetery, where many famous people were buried. Finding them, even with a map was interesting....and its 44 hectares up hill, so as much as you do the searching, finding is something else. Anyway, if nothing else, we did find Jim Morrison..(just follow the people) looked for Chopin, Marcel Marceau, but we found some incredible, beautiful and scary looking monuments within, and that alone was worth the eerie journey within!

Today, our last time here in Paris for a little while, its raining! We're off to do some shopping for a change...before we head off to the next stop...Abu Dhabi! Yes, we're on the way back home now. So looking forward to getting, seeing family and just being at home on the mountain!!



I'll post one more time of the trip around Abu Dhabi, then give you a rest from this groover for a while!



For now, enjoy some photos of Paris!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb