Continued. Day four Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
April 13th 2014
Published: April 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

On the bus to Normandy we enjoyed the beautiful French countryside. Lovely farms, cows and bright yellow fields of Rape seed. The small villages we passed through were exactly as one would imagine .... Only lovelier. Photo ops were non- existent due to being on bus, which was torture!



upon arrival at main D-Day Museum in the village of Caen, our tour guide,Pasquale,a lovely knowledgeable woman turned us loose to tour the museum and meet later for lunch. After lunch and a movie of the D- day envision we left for the tour of beaches, each with its own museum , monuments and bunker sites. The most impressive sight was the American cemetery at Omaha Beach where 9,000 of the 23,000 Americans killed in the invasion are buried. The striking monument there "The Spirit of American Youth Rising from the waves" tells the story with perfection.

A visit to the beach sites.... Ponte-du-hoc..... Omaha ......Gold......Juno....... Leaves you in awe and wonder at the bravery of those young men. It was a gorgeous sunny day And a lovely way to spend our last day in France.

Au Revoir


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb