Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
May 18th 2011
Published: May 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have had a great time touring around Paris. We managed to decipher the metro train system and caught the train to the Arc de Triomphe. We caught a hop on-hop off bus which took us around the most famous of France's tourist spots. The highlight of course was the Eiffel Tower. We did have quite a long wait to get to the top but it was worthwhile. Paris is an amazingly beautiful city. Would love to have seen it at night, but the sun is still up around 9.30/10.00pm and it would be getting too late for Nathan. He was a bit nervous about going up to the very top but managed to look over and see the view.
Nathan and I travelled to the Palace of Versailles the next day. Again, we were proud of our efforts in catching the right train and finding where we were supposed to be. Trevor did not come as he had to return a computer we had bought the day before and found out it could not be used in English!!!

Versailles also had a massive queue, so Nathan and I chose to just go into the gardens and walk around - this is free and no queue. Beautiful grounds on a massive scale.

Have now left Paris and have set up camp at Ballin-Mire, a little village just south of the town of Tours. We are in the middle of Loire Valley so plan to do some walks and drives around this area in the next day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



24th May 2011

Looking at your blog while I should be working
Here I am stuck in a legal office in downtown Brisbane looking at your fab photos...so glad you are having a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing what you see next!! Lots of love from Kerrie

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb