Food, drink and a magical moment!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 21st 2023
Published: July 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Taking a break from talking about what I've seen and done to what I've eaten. With great cheeses and bread, how can you go wrong? Best meal so far...Pain Vin Fromage...a fondue restaurant in the Marias neighborhood : a beautiful cellar like setting with 2 different fondues, bread and potatoes...it was delicious and Kir Royal to wash it down.
It was an adventure getting there with clogged roads that caused our Uber driver to tell us to get out and walk, while the others were traveling without wifi to get there. Fortunately the restaurant seated us even though we were an hour late and the meal was totally worth it.
Tea in Cafe Lavierve was pretty yummy too. It was in an article in the New York Times '36 Hours in Paris' so Roberta wanted to try it. The pastries were beautiful and delicious. Check them out in the photos.
Lunch on the train from Paris to Nice was a top contender for favorite meal. We picked up fresh bread that morning in a bakery and cheese, olives and fruit in a local supermarket and shared it on the train. A perfect French picnic lunch .
Savory crepes in the old town in Nice (mine had smoked salmon and goat cheese) and a fish dish in Bistro de la Marina in Cagnes Sur Mer...mojitos...rose wine..so much deliciousness!
I'm jumping around a bit but let me tell you about our last night on Paris. We went out on the Seine to see Paris at night. Terry's careful research about how late it get dark in Paris had us booked on a boat leaving at 9:45 which put us in a perfect position to see the Eiffel tower turn on the sparkle...it was a magical moment!
I'm writing from a seat overlooking the Mediterranean in Cagnes Sur Mer. My next and last post will be about our time, the past 2 days, in the South of France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb