England, Scotland, Ireland, and Paris 2022


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 6th 2022
Published: July 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

This day was a sleep in sort of day. We had stayed p until 2:00 am....we just couldn't wind down after our private tour around Paris......AND in that car!!!! We were looking forward to breakfast at our hotel. We'd already had the croissants! It was a typical breakfast complete with meats, cheeses, delicious breads, yogurt,. cereal, fruit, and nutella. Europeans love their nutella. You will find it everywhere!

Following breakfast we headed our to get Shealyn in Louie Vuitton. There was such a long line there yesterday, we didn't get in the door. There was still a line today although much shorter. Shealyn so wanted to buy something in that store. The thing we could find was the perfume but it was still too much. Shealyn thought it was $150 but that was the refill price. The actual bottle of perfume was $240. So no purchase as Louis Vuitton.

Next up was a return trip to Christian Dior. Here Shealyn and Marsha both booger lipstick. Much more affordable than perfume……certainly better than clothes. One sweater we saw was over $1000.00. Really????

Roman, our private tour driver, told us we needed to go shopping at Galleries Lafayette. He said is was the French version of Macys. Now that perked me up as I love Macys! It was an interesting store. The entryway looked like something from a sci-fi, futuristic type movie. The store itself was much, much pricier than Macys!! Shealyn had fun trying on clothes, but couldn't afford to buy any.

Next up was the Disney store. It was actually a disappointment. Usually Disney store are huge and have tons of merchandise. I think I could put all their merchandise in One room in my house minus all the character statues. It seemed they were geared to kids clothes and smaller sizes. All we wanted was a Disney shirt that said Paris. Shealyn did enjoy Beauty and the Beast in French.

Next we headed to a perfume place that Marsha read about. They only sell one perfume and and it’s only available in the store and online. At 16 Rose Desgranges immigranted to London and became an apprentice to a hair dresser. She began making wigs and Albert fell in love, first with her work, then with her. Later they married. He had a chemist background and decided to honor her with a perfume that ‘embodied all that she represented…… assured femininity, elegance, sensuality, the working woman, effortless style and love. This was in 1961. Rose began to sell the French style perfume in her little shop. It became very desirable. Rose and Albert have since passed but In. 2013 her direct descendants decided to bring that frangrance back and now sell it in the same shop Rose owned.

It is such a wonderful story and caught the romanticist in each of us. Today we me Rose and Alberts grandson. He was delightful. The shop Is all decorated with pink flowers and de orations. Rose used to Spray a lady’s handkerchief to sample her perfume. Her grandson sprays a pink ribbon made especially for the shop. We couldn’t resist and bought the perfume. What a great story!

We had tried to get to this shop yesterday before I realized we had out private antique car tour. We were pretty close as it is out of the way. But today we had already walked our legs off plus we had to take many detours. Streets were blocked off and there was an enormous police presence especially military police. We were afraid to take pictures cause we could tell something big was going on. We were even a little Leary of walking along the streets. At one point Shealyn said “this had better be some good perfume (better than unicorn pee” based on what we had to do to get there” ! It did not disappoint!

It was late in the day. We’ve fallen into the routine of eating a big breakfast, skipping lunch, and eating dinner. We were starved. So after a quick stop T our hotel to drop off packages we headed to Cafe Francis for food. We had read that it was the best place to view the Eiffel Tower. That was true but they needed to move a couple signs and trim
Some trees. We had burgers and fries but the burgers were some of the best I’ve ever eaten.

The rest of the evening was hanging around the Eiffel Tower, going to to the 2nd level (the summit was sold out for the day), getting Shealyn to ride the carousel and seeing the Eiffel Tower light up at dark. We even managed to get in a Siene River boat tour

The tour was only $16 but we walked our legs off trying to find it!! We had great seats until a lady and he son squeezed in next to me. I knew it was going to be a problem when she sat down and put him on her lap….he was probably a large 11 year old….and squirmy!!!! He husband….we called him Napoleon…. Sat on the second row about 15 feet away from her. Every so often she would call his name and he would stand up and pose (always the same goofy pose) right In the way of everyone’s picture. By the end of the boat ride Marsha and I were about ready to clobber all 3 of them. We weren’t the only ones!!!

It was a late night and a long day but we were a short distance to our hotel. According to Shealyn it was made much longer because Marsha and I took about 4 steps and took yet another picture of the Eiffel Tower….just trying to get the best shot. She says she going to get our phones and count how many pictures we both took!!

Once back at the hotel, We grabbed a croissant for a late night snack and headed to our room. Tomorrow we pack up to Return to London.




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 26


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb