Day trip to Versailles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Versailles
June 25th 2013
Published: June 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we spent a day at the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. We had a bit of a challenging start to the day by not finding the correct train station, which caused us to arrive an hour later than we had planned. Once we arrived to the overwhelming crowds and grounds the two smaller palaces were closed till noon. In addition we a 1hour 49 minute wait to get into the Chateaux (the Louie XIV palace)....yes that is correct!!! Rick Steves was right, this place is a zoo. But we did it and it was totally worth it. All that practice line waiting in disney world really paid off. We attached some pictures of this opulent massive palace. The grounds and gardens were beautifully kept and picturesque. It was certainly worth it and a full day trip...Erica fell asleep for a short nap on the way back to Paris on Matt's shoulder.

When returning to central Paris we had another wonderful dinner in the Latin Quarter including wine, oysters, onion soup, escargot, and our favorite creme brûlée! After a wonderful dinner, we got a second wind and decided to get a 365 degree view of Paris from the top of the Arch de triomphe at sunset. Climbing over 300 steps we made it to the top and it was beautiful. We ended out visit to Paris with a cheers at a local cafe...Off to Germany first thing tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb