Paris - Versailles Palace - Day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Versailles
May 28th 2013
Published: May 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Questions for the day...why do you need to put a spoon in a diet coke?? Why do you need to put a straw in a cappuccino??? We think that the cappuccino one is for the froth....the other no idea....

Today was a big train inter change ...we had to change three times and yay we made it, there and back....We arrived at Versailles Rive Gauche.We weren't the only tourists, there was quite a few...actually when one guy asked directions to the Palace of Versailles, everyone else followed him...too bad if he was going somewhere else or if he was directionally challenged....The walk as per train station instructions was walk five minutes and turn left...left where? No street name...Anyway 15 minutes later...we keep following the group...yes there was a group following the first guy...we felt like we were at school...or back in my contiki tour...Then we see this magnificent palace....I saw the tourist information and we got our tickets...great fast access in to the palace ...plus it was raining...so a quick entry would be great....quick entry??? Picture this, it's raining, there is a queue of five rows which make up a snake....the palace front is massive....an hour later we are in...why so long security....X-rays of bags and metal detectors. don't worry we thought about leaving but we didn't...glad we didn't.....While in line we had to make our own fun " I hope they have our tea and croissants ready while we wait", " images if we get to the front and they closed", a Chinese guy burped in my ear....yuck..., we were going to borrow a baby, as parents with babies were going in straight away....Once inside I must say the palace, home to Louis xiii and xiv, also home to Marie-Antoinette and the gardens were magnificent....the buildings, the art, furniture, lighting etc made us go WOW....we spent four hours just looking around....we even took the little train....No, not because Carmen didn't want to walk but to save time, as the gardens were huge....it would have been great leaving as a Royal in those times...so much grandeur ...so much money.Lola ing suitors in each building lol..see the pics and enjoy.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb