France (1)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Provins
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, this has been a fine start to the holiday......

Arrived in France safely, however on route to the campsite Ollie (the van) started making wierd noises and once it totally stopped and we needed a bump start.

Finally got to the campsite, parked on pitch and van would no longer start. NOTHING! Called the lovely AA (we were wise enough to get cover). A french guy came out and hit the starter motor with a hammer, that worked but that wasn't all - the Alternator needs replacing and he told us he can't do it! D'oh!!!

So, back on the phone to the AA and they said they'll look into it. In the meantime we tried to enjoy our stay and got drunk!

Day 2 - Disneyland Paris.

Tried to forget our woes and went to Disneyland Paris, I loved it but I don't think Geoff was too impressed - he's been to the one in USA though.

Back to Campsite in evening for more beer.....

Very WET night - sooooo much rain!!!

Day 3 - Ollies trip

Ollie got taken away today on the back of a truck!!!

Sat outside Reception of the campsite with 3 holdalls, a laptop and loads of laundry for hours whilst the AA sorted us out with Accomodation, hire car and taxi to take us to hire car place - 4 hours later, we are on the move!

Get a hire car, and drive to the hotel Campanille (Or should I say MOTEL!). They wanted us to stay in the smallest room in Europe!! If you pulled out Adams bed (from under ours), you couldn't get into the bathroom!

Geoff was not happy about this so phone our friend Neil, who lives close to here, just to see if he could recommend anywhere. He told us to drive to his and we stayed there the night. Lovely home, great company and a good nights sleep!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb