paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Argenteuil
August 29th 2012
Published: August 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow what a day, 12 hours out qnd qbout in Paris, this key board has q wher the a should be so you will hqve to work the words out? been right to the top of the eiffel tower and amazing views, well done to Bev who doesnt even like heights, took about 4 hours as had to que for tickets then que for cable lift then que for lift to the top but all worth it, even the 20 euro about 31 dollars for 2 small flutes Champagne at the top, but having to bloody que to get lift down was a pqin.

Walked the length of the champs eleysees absoultely wonderful and so many large avenues of trees, then to the arc de triomphe which really blew us both away , so large and well decorqted close up, of course theres thousqnds of people every where.

Things very expensive but we have givein up thinking qbout it, could find public wc as in the very posh pqrt of town so had coffee and used the loo there, 2 coffees 12 euros 19 dollars geeez!!!

Loved notre dame, there was a lady singing and a chap giving q service, the stqined glass is amazing. Had a wine neqr buy on river boat and then walked the banks of seine.

went on the double deck bus hop on hop of all dqy then negoiqted the metro coming home, have another day on the bus tomorrow and first stop louve and mona lisa.

always jet streams in the air, cris crossing eqch other. Are amazed at all the builds are so similar 4 to 6 stories everywhere you go as if they were all built throughout the city at the same time, they look amazing from top of tower most take up the whole block with court yard in the middle. There is chimney pots by the thousands all over the top of buildings, wouldnt like to be the chimney sweep.



Never seen so mqny souvineer shops and they are all selling the same rqnges at the same prices, except up the tower where everything was 3 times as dear, must be the freight charges!



The hotel is well situated but a bit like falwty towers, the bedspreads orqnge and the room not much bigger than the public loos in Dubai, mind you it does look like it was recently decorated in 1962ish, they did forget the air con though, and the lift can fit 2 people or 1 person and their bag. The guy at the fron desk also pops out and brings breqkfqst 1 crosaint and 1 bun plus some coffee that you can just about stqnd a spoon up in. THe standard of hotels throughout hasnt been great but all the sights and sounds have surpassed anything that we imagined and thats the main thing.

Havent worked out how to get photos onto blog so will save the 1000s pic to show you all when home!!!!

Of to bed now its 9.30 and both exhausted but very happy.

Cheers Lynette

Advertisement



30th August 2012

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Getting a little concerned about the amount of wine being drunk. Do you think I should reserve a room for you both in rehab when you get back??? lol (remember mum that means laugh out loud not love you lots - although i do love you lots lol) glad you both having a great time - good to get the blogs

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb