Time to hit the road... first stop CHAMPAGNE!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Reims
April 30th 2011
Published: June 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London to Champagne


There was a royal wedding a few days ago- London was in a fantastic mood. The streets were filled with people who had slept out in the freezing cold to get a spot next to where the newly wedded couple would pass. The atmosphere was electric. It was worth staying in London for that!

The next day Dudley was due to set sail across the Channel to France! First stop Reims, in the Champagne region to celebrate my 31st birthday.

Dudley had also acquired his first passenger to join us for the weekend, and we were so lucky she joined us!

Before we had even left 'ol Blighty... we were to discover the petrol gauge in Dudley was accurate... we didn't realise quite how accurate until we ran out of petrol about 30 miles from Dover. I made a great little sign attempting to get passers by to stop... it didn't work! Hence the luck of having our passenger... she gave a panicked call to a friend in London, who just happened to have another friend that lived 5miles away! Within 20mins he had rescued us with a canister of diesel. Thank goodness for that!

We made it to the ferry port and were allowed straight on to the next departing boat.

We arrived a few hours later into the beautiful city of Reims just in time to have a walk around and eat some delicious french food.

Champagne tours for my birthday were on the cards for the next day! We squeezed in 2 tours, one at Pommery and the next at Tattinger.

We were staying in Epernay that night so we hopped back into Dudley and drove through the beautiful rolling hills to find the cute little B&B we had booked in town.

Birthday cake, champagne, dinner and monopoly!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb