Back on tour!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Epernay
June 1st 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we have finally made it accross the channel to French France after spening two months back in the uk....a month longer than we ever expected or planned!!

We had a great month back home in Dartmouth....thanks for the fab welcome home to all our Dartmothian friends!!!! The weather in April was fantastic, we tidied up the house and garden, did some coastal path walking, I got on the water in a canoe....and we did lots of socialising; eating and drinking way too much!!!

Thanks also for all the offers of accommodation when we became homeless due to new tennants moving in to our house!!!

As a lot of you knew we were having our (Sharrons) campervan restored while we were away and this took a bit longer than anticipated, when we finally went to collect him and drove to Swindon we managed to loose a whole engine full of oil....so back to Taunton we went.....(fractured push rod casing) after yet another false start (another oil leak!!!) we finally collected Jimmy last week and drove to Poole for the crossing to Cherbourg....Hurray!!!

Campsites in France are slightly more basic than those in NZ...e.gthey just have a toilet and a shower!!...Not too worry I have my trusty BBQ, bottle opener and for pure luxury the egyptican cotten sheets!!

OK,so without boring you all too much our first week has been great, not quite as hot as back home but thats OK and to be expected!! We have spent a great day in Epernay enjoying the degustations of Champagne...what a shcok I hear you cry...more booze and great food...Ohh well thats my destiny!!

So bye for now and I do hope I am able to get plaenty of free WIFI to keep you all upto date with our travels...Heading South tomorrow down to Dijon and Burgundy!!

Bon Chance

Mark



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



3rd June 2009

Jealous Moi!
Hate you both! Countryside looks stunning.............however Dartmouth today and for the last 10 or so days is SUN SUN SUN. God its HOT HOT HOT. Thanks for the blogs. Keep them coming and when you find that bijou hotel or campsite that you want to run......think of me, only got a couple more props to sell as just reserved Apt 2 along with 43 recently! L Lynda X
8th September 2009

Is Jimmy still going?
Dear Mark and Sharron Haven't heard from you in ages - we haven't been getting any emails /blog update from you - are you both ok - is Jimmy still running well? Do let us know - this message left on 9/9/2009 Look forward to loads of news.. Love the Harts xx

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb