Thunder and Lightening like you have never seen or heard before


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Orléans
September 3rd 2022
Published: September 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Another day in Paula’s world

One thing I did not mention in my previous blog the WC are mixed - yes mixed - and there are no toilet seats, however, at least they were not just foot wells with a long drop!

It was a quiet day so we decided to go into Orleans which was a bit of a walk and then a tram into the centre - which was nice using different transport.

We found the cathedral in the centre and it looked splendid with all the Ukrainian flags as well and if I am totally honest it was one of the best cathedrals I have ever been in - the stained glass windows were stunning. I have taken some photos but to be honest I do not think they do the cathedral justice.

It was only when we were going around and seeing Joan of Arc everywhere I clocked it that Joan of Arc is a patron saint of France and was honoured as a defender of the French Nation in her role in the siege of Orleans - the Maid of Orleans. Bit of history for you there!!!

So after a bit
One of the stained glass windowsOne of the stained glass windowsOne of the stained glass windows

Told you a photo does not do it justice
to eat and yes you can imagine it was not a typical french meal. Mike had fish and chips and if honest the fish looked like the frozen ones you get from Birds Eye!!! And I had a loosely named chicken salad.

We then made our way back to the campsite and, as it turned out, just in time as within about an hour of landing back whilst we sat outside the cafe and had a beer the heavens opened. When I say the heavens opened it was not just rain but thunder and lightening. Now again when I say lightening it literally flashed immediately over our head and took the electricity out for the site office/shop and we think the whole campsite. No one was going to check as the rain was thundering down.

We did feel sorry for one dutch couple who had travelled from Amsterdam as they were staying one night in a little tent like a pup tent so you can imagine when the rain stopped what their tent looked like - not a good sight I am sure.

Once the thunderous rain, thunder and lightening stopped we managed to get back to the motorhome in one piece.

So off to the next campsite which is only around 1 1/2 hours away and Goose has told me you can only get to it by toll roads - so let’s see how it goes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb