Macon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy
April 11th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I realise that my previous entry from Paris had not been published - obviously did something wrong and need some more practice! I am writing this on Easter Saturday after our first week in Macon. The girls are all well settle with their families and seem to be getting along very well - they are getting braver with their French and trying out more and more language. It has been so interesting to hear their various comments about the differences between French and Australian life - one thing they cannot get over is the food - the quantity. Their packed lunches could feed at least three people!!!

The week has been busy with a day excursion to Lyon and some local trips as well. Lyon was a great day - we visited the beautiful basilica at Fourvière and then wandered through the old town, discovering secret passages where silk had been transported and where resistance leaders hid during the war. We ended up in the modern city where a couple of hours shopping was done in a very modern centre - great excitement as the first few French purchases were made.

All the girls now know their way around Macon and are quite confident about where the school is in relation to the town. Itr is a good size for them and a lovely mixture of old and new.

Yesterday we visited a very beautiful castle; le Chateau de Pierreclos, where Anna is staying. They put on a fqscinating guided tour for us which the girls appreciated. After that it was the official welcome at the town hall.

Now, however, however, it is family time and some are going to the mountains and others to relatives. The chocolqate shops here are amazing and I suspect they will all indulge fully!!!

I will talk to them and get them to add some photos to this blog. Hopefully they will find some time next week.

Wishing you all Happy Easter, Judy and Hilary

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb