Day 17 - Cluny


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Cluny
July 6th 2016
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hmm, getting down to the end point of the tour. Today we head off to Cluny to visit anothe Abbeye and a horse stud (ABC).

Morning sailing again so we have a lazy morning doing stuff like eating and talking. Then comes lunch and away we go. Tonight we have the Captains formal dinner - oh dear, out comes the same shirt for me, worn last night in the chefs table dinner as well. Packed light....

We drive through some of the prettier country we have seen to a horse stud where we get to wander around the grounds then into the stables where different varieties are shown. Big boys here, and some were a tad excited to see us as well. Then a demonstration of how they teach the horses how to do their dressage stuff. Bit boring but different. The. Wander around town and shown where this old abbey was on a board before we get into the place. Turns out it was 3 metres shorter then the Vatican so rather lRge when it was in one piece.

Out and back to the ship. Time to frock up then I tot he restaurant for the special dinner. We have our standard table of 6 while some others fight for tables and try to re-arrange spaces to all fit in. Think they would have learnt by now that first in best dressed.

Dinner was nice then we go upstairs for dancing and drinking. Big night. The whole crew are there in civvies, offered 2 free drinks and the threat that they had to mingle. Chris gets her main batman (Bogdan) up on the floor - literally. He does the splits and plays up nicely. This dude wouldnot smile in the first week, now he is the biggest tart on the ship. I get the other ladies up on the floor. Good night all round. Late night all round.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb