In the country


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany
September 7th 2010
Published: September 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

First time on line in a few days and I can't describe my relief to go to the ABC news website and see 'Julia Gillard, Prime Minister'!

Okay, back to business. We drove to B&R's in Brittany on Sunday -- about 440km in our zippy little Renault (see pic) from Paris. We had a lovely evening with them, getting to know the house (see pic) and neighbourhood and being treated to lovely food and drink. B&R took off on Monday morning for Italy and we mooched about before heading out to explore nearby Josselin and then south west to Aurvey. Unfortunately we had a bit of rain but it was still very pretty. A's adapted brilliantly to right hand driving... I'm yet to take the plunge.

We finally managed to get out for some exercise this morning -- bit of a walk/run up the road... It was a foggy morning, the farmland all looked rather magical. We came across a dead bunny on the road on our way out and as we came across it again on our way back a Pergot slowed along the road -- I thought they were going to offer us a lift but they were after a free rabbit dinner! We really are in rural France...

Today we're planning to explore Ploermel and stalk the alcohol aisle at the supermarket -- such good quality and so cheap! Verve Champers for 31 euro!! We're also going to do some research on visiting the island Belle Elle.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb