TOO LONG . . .


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sauveterre-de-Béarn
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

OK What can we say . . it's been too long since we have had a chance to put anything up and we must apologise to everyone. It looks like we have well and truly settled into the laid back life style here, thats probably when we haven't published anything for ages!

Well since our last blog entry things have been very interesting. Helen is still working a few days a week for the Cavell groups and is doing very well indeed. So much for the quite life as she jets in and out of home to go off for meetings and work, it's very tiring for her and myself but she enjoys it and when she arrives back here in France she knows she can relax a little here.

As for the renovations, well I have been sledge hammer and crow bar in hand, ripping up floorboards and smashing up old concrete floors. Hard dirty work but it needs to be done so we can get our Mason and Carpenter ready to start. Trouble is doing this kind of work solo takes a long time especially when I keep breaking myself with the local rugby team. YUP have joined the mighty USS Sauvettere-de-Bearn rugby team. Managed to tear muscles in my Knee, ankle, smashed a knuckle, sprained my fingers and at last fridays session I did a beauty, am now moving around very carefully with broken ribs. I think they might have it in for me! However I have to say it is really very, very enjoyable and the team is full of very friendly people. I have said before it's like a religion down here, they take it very seriously but also its a wonderful way to make friend, I cannot leave the house now without saying hi to everyone!
It was also nice to know most of them were cheering on England down the bar in the final (something which they said they would never do!!).

I will pop up some pictures shortly onto the blog showing how the work is progressing (remember we must go backwards to go forwards!!)

Helen is working hard to day as she is flying out t Dubai shortly, so were going to take a couple of days off together and head down the cost into Spain to have a day or relaxing before she leaves. It's great being located here, there are so many opportunities to go of and do things. And unlike most people were very happy winter is on teh way as that means the local ski slopes will open up and we can pop up there every now and then.

Have to say the novelty here is no where near wearing off and not likely to in the future, we have so much to do and see and are surrounded by such wonderful friends and people that this is certainly home. It's not to say we don't miss people, but in an odd way were seeing more of some of our friends now were here than we did when we were in the uk. Having more time and being flexible with our time certainly helps. And people love to visit, which is great.

Right I'm off into the back section to take a few photos to pop up later.

Take care all and we promise we won't leave it this long again!!
love the Honisetts


Advertisement



1st November 2007

nice blog
Hey Ben, nice blog you can wach the blog on us sauveterre rugby team if you want http://ussauveterre.skyrock.com see you next time to the training

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb