Another day and on the road again


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sarlat-la-Caneda
September 11th 2022
Published: September 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

One of the buildings in SarlatOne of the buildings in SarlatOne of the buildings in Sarlat

Not my finest hour taking photos
Well Goose really reverted to type again and used the SatNav and this time he really got me into a few pickles including single track roads a cliff that overhung and we only just got under it (with him stood in front of the van directing me - at that moment the accelerator pedal seemed very inviting!!) - so as you can all imagine I was not a happy camper and that is putting it mildly especially as the Motorhome needed AdBlue again. All I can say is the air in the Motorhome was Blue with me shouting what have you got me into again. Anyway I think our motorhome is an AdBlue alcoholic if there can be such a thing. At a garage Mike is asking for Ad Blue in French. He says Ad Blue, no understanding, Ad Bleu, no understanding. Then he sees the container and all is good. So he says to mechanic “comment dit on en francais” (how do you sat it in French) and the mechanic says Added Blue!!!



We finally arrive in Sarlat and to the campsite which to be honest I think the campsite was a bit of an after thought as it is mostly cabins sand the camping pitches are right at the bottom end. However it has all the facilities on and only a few spaces so should not get too busy we hope.



We decide to go down into Sarlat as it was Saturday and they had the markets on - now which Brit does not like a local market. Again if I am totally honest we could have been in any market in any UK town - there was nothing that took your fancy.



We tried to get something to eat but it appears even on market day you cannot find any restaurants which sell food after 2.30pm until the evening service. We did find a little bar and I have reverted back to Ricard which is like pernod.



After walking around the old town which is really lovely we decide to walk back to the campsite. Now forgetting what goes down must come up. We had a 35 minute uphill walk and some parts of the walk were nearly needing crampons as it was so steep - at least I have given my calf’s a good work out.



When ever we seem to go in anywhere and they know we are English we keep getting asked if we are sad as our Queen has just died. It does seem really weird being out of the country when our own country is going through turmoil.



Anyway Goose has come to his senses and now is trying to plot our next journey on a MAP!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb