Les Grottes De Sare


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sare
May 28th 2013
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

IMG_3296IMG_3296IMG_3296

We were not allowed to take photos inside the cave I only have outside photos
Hi Everyone I am going to talk about my visit to the Caves in France. First I am going to tell you about what it said about the caves in a book I have read and then I will tell you about my personal experience.

The caves are a special place to take the time... to forget about time! In the depths of the Caves of Sare, visitors will listen to the echo of an adventure that has been going on for thousands of years. the tour is neither a geology or history lecture, nor a basic sound and light show. it's main aim to make visitors understand the permanent link between Nature and Culture, between the individual and Society. The new guided tour is a unique bonding moment full of emotion after which children and adults will feel like exploring the Basque Country to further enjoy what they have discovered.

We entered the cave through a large opening and then took a path through the cave to the very back of the cave. The tour guide spoke in French and English , we are glad to have her explain to us in English. This where they think that the Basque people originated from and then spread out throughout the Pyrenees. The cave dwellers spent only summers here and the winters at the ocean. There were large bears that came through the back of the cave, but only in the winter. We saw living bats in the caves and we were told to very quiet when we walked by. There was limestone in the cave and formations that had been forming for thousands and thousands of years. The cave dwellers had fires in the caves, and clear drinking water was there too in ponds. The clear drinking water is still there today. The caves were very damp and water was still coming from the top.

The cave were an amazing adventure and I hope to go there again.

Till my next blog

Scarlett


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IMG_3286IMG_3286
IMG_3286

the start of the tour


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb