ST JEAN de LUZ


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Saint-Jean-de-Luz
May 11th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ST JEAN de LUZ 11th May 2007 (Friday Sunny and 26º)

Today is Deb’s birthday - what a place to spend your anniversary.

Now me being the man about town and knowing how to show a girl a good time....I chose a small boulangerie for breakfast and purchase a quiche as well as a chicken & pesto panini to eat sitting on a bench in the square. Impressive non?

We move onto the local covered marché to check out the homegrown produce. I spot some cheese that upon sampling proves to be very tasty and decide to buy a small sliver that I expect would cost a few euros. When the lady provedore indicates to me that the skerrick laying limp and see through on the tissue paper will set me back 10 euros I choke silently on the piece I was tasting. I enquire politely as to where the cheese came from (Valhalla?) and she is able to convey to us that it is cheese made from sheep’s milk.

After this trip we are off to NZ to invest in sheep.

We buy some Champagne, Strawberries, Foie Gras, Bread and Salamis and secret them away in our room for later. Walking towards the ocean now and onto the main promenade that lines the beachfront, very much in the Bondi beach style of things. After cruising a few restaurants we settle on a place for lunch - Brasserie Le Sud. Lunch is a mixture of prawns and fish with a nice wine and coffee to follow. I organise a small cake complete with sparkler and proceed to sing Happy Birthday assisted by the staff with backing vocals. Deb gets embarrassed but loves it all the same.

We go for a long walk around the Old Port taking photos and shopping. A very quiet and lazy day that is pretty much in keeping with our style for this trip. Finish the day by walking on the beach and have pre-dinner drinks in the bar adjoined to our Hotel. Up to the room to demolish our gold plated sheep cheese and talk about the day and all days thus far.

It is still twilight as we hit the sack after 10:00pm. Party animals.









Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

St Jean de LuzSt Jean de Luz
St Jean de Luz

Scenes from the Boat Harbour at SJDL


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb