Bordeaux is lovely!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
June 23rd 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour from Bordeaux!!!!!....Yesterday, Alliey and I journeyed from Tours to Bordeaux!!! We were able to find our hotel alright because it is near the station but it is not in the nicest of areas. Our hotel has an ocean theme and the bathroom in our room has a door like a submarine and has funny decor like an anchor rope hanging on the wall. In the evening we took the tram into the centre ville which is were all the interesting things are...Wow the city is almost completely covered in limestone (which according to the tourist office was cleaned by the government in 1985). We had dinner at a cheap cafe and then just walked around. Then we went and saw a movie called Les Citronniers which was a movie from Israel dubbed in French. Even though we could not understand the language the movie was very easy to follow. It was about a Palestinian woman that grows lemons and when an Israeli politician moves in next door they try to tear down her lemons for "security" reasons...in the end every loses...the politician loses his wife because he does not really care about the people he hurts and the main woman loses her lemon trees...it was very sad.
On a happier note, as we were walking along the river towards a beautiful bridge we came across tons of people playing in a street fountain. The whole area is about the size of a basketball court and is filled with about two inches of water. People of all ages just take there shoes off and play in the "large puddle". Every 20 minutes these littles buttons in the pond spray a nice cooling mist up into the air. Unless you get splashed (which we did) it is a nice place to just cool off but not have to get soaking wet...Eventually after our feet and skirts dried off we just went back to our hotel and watched french television...after a while you forget that you dont know the language and just watch the pictures.
Bonne Nuit!!!
Miranda and Alliey

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb