South of France Excursion


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biarritz
March 2nd 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we went with our program to the town of Bayonne, just past Biarittiz in Southern France, but still in the Basque Country. Although we were only there for a couple hours, we really enjoyed this adorable town!! We walked around on a little tour given to us by our professors and learned about the churches and the barriers built to keep enemies out of the city limits. Then, we learned the real reason the teachers had brought us to this town -- chocolate! This city is known for its amaaaazing chocolate, and we spent the rest of our time in France wandering the cobblestone streets, going in and out of the family-owned chocolate stores, admiring the perfect, delicious creations. We also sat at a cute French cafe as the owner brought us chocolat chantilly, a wonderfully exquisite hot and slightly bitter chocolate drink with a mound of whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles on top of it. It was liquid perfection! After we explored the town a little more, we headed back to the Spain side of the border to explore the little town of Hondarribia on the seashore before hopping back on the bus to Bilbao.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

French flagFrench flag
French flag

standard.
Chocolat ChantillyChocolat Chantilly
Chocolat Chantilly

Heaven in my mouth.


Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb