Strasbourg


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
December 21st 2012
Published: January 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We spent one night in Strasbourg, and there happened to be a very colourful and loud parade of some sort going on through the streets. We watched them as they danced their way through the streets. Soon we lost interest and found ourselves browsing through the many cuckoo clock shops...we couldn't resist and some old French lady that couldn't speak a word of English somehow convinced us that we we absolutely NEEDED a Cuckoo clock, all wrapped and packed we proudly carried our new purchase around😊

After that intense French/English Cuckoo purchase we were quite hungry and started a long search for a restaurant that offered a menu that we could understand... We finaly found one that offered "some" English descriptions... I decided to have a Cheeseburger, wow, adventurous you might think,,but it was the safest option at that price! I wasn't willing to make an expensive mistake, especially when hungry! Jason tried the Strasburger, it offered no description...only that it was 3Euro more expensive than my cheeseburger... Finally, after almost starting to eat the flower arrangement on the table our burgers arrived! We had to laugh.. even with our very French waiter looking at us out the corner of his eye, probably wondering what these stupid foreigners could be finding so hilariously funny... it turns out...wait for it... Jason's 3Euro more expensive Strasburger was exactly the same as my cheeseburger only that it was turned upside down!!! WHAAAT?? Yip that was it folks! we paid them extra to turn his bun upside down!!! hahaaa! Atleast we had a good laugh...

I loved the old buildings in Strasbourg, mostly Roman architecture with some medieval and gothic influences. It's amazing how these old buildings still stand today..not like modern pop-up buildings we see nowadays that seem to appear out of nowhere overnight - not a chance that these pop-ups will last even 100years ....


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb