Blog 10


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
May 30th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

PROMPT: Is French hospitality delivery different than what you experienced in Switzerland? Discuss a recent customer service encounter that you had.

Yes the French hospitality delivery is different than what I experienced in Switzerland. To me Switzerland and the people there were extending their hospitality to our group as if we were just a part of their extended family. For example, the family that owns Blatter was always welcoming and willing to talk about topics from the city to our trip. Mrs. Bradley even had a conversation about New Zealand with the family.

Another example of Swiss hospitality was when we visited Hans IV’s dairy farm. His family helped Nate out after he got sick, something that they did not have to do. The fact that all of this happened even before the tour started just shows that Hans and his family are more than willing to go above and beyond for their customers. Hans IV also was more than willing to take us all over his farm and show us the ends and outs of making cheese as well as give us samples of his products.

The French hospitality seems to be a bit more reserved than the Swiss who constantly wanted to know if there was anything else I needed. The French care about their customers but not to the extent that the Swiss did. This could also be because there is a bigger language barrier between our group and the Swiss people.

This is not to say that the French are delivering poor customer service. In fact, today when we went to the train station to grab our tickets for our free day tomorrow the girl at the counter was very polite and helpful in getting our tickets. She was not overly friendly or anything like that but she did deliver good customer service.

The service that we received today at our lunch was awesome! I was so happy that I have taken HMS 300 and had the Etiquette Dinner because during lunch I felt confidant about which fork to use and the proper way to hold your fork and knife. Thank you Dr. Underwood!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb