Goodbye Switzerland, BONJOUR FRANCE!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We began the day at 8:45, the earliest that we have thus started. Due to this early get-up, I wasn't able to run. That is ok though, I allowed the day of rest :p. First stop was the glass factory. I must say they put on a very impressive display. The tour/museum was in intensely described and planned. I couldn't have done it better myself! haha Frankly, I probably couldn't compete. There was a gift shop, and although the glass was gorgeous, it just wasn't my thing to spend money on. Instead, Ryan and I went down to the bar and I spend 8 franks on coffee. Typical move by me 😊 Gotta have it! We then went the Lucerne for one last wahoo in Switzerland. I had anticipated on buying a dress from my favorite Swiss shop called Favourite! It is a boutique that is composed of smaller European designers. Oh how I loved it!! The younger lady that owns it remembered us from yesterday and like us so much from the day before that when she went home her status read "I love Texas!" (Back to the boutique) However, the dress didn't look on me like I had wished, so I decided to save the 100 franks. boo 😞 Oh well! Elz, Mrs. Bradley, and I ate a this really good restuarant right on the side of the road and I was able to actually eat a good portion of veggies for the first time in what seemed like a while. Mrs. B and I were in heaven! Then I halfed a ham and cheese panini. I was so satisfied that I didn't even want desert... shocking! I know! Our last thing was a tour of the 5 star Plaza Lucerne. Wow! I have no words. I believe that my Louis Vuitton add was taken on a boat in this lake. We were escorted to a suite that over looked the lake, and the trees were positioned just perfectly so that any onlooker from the balcony was inhibited from seeing the people below on the sidewalk, and only allowed to see the lake and the mountains. Gosh, I sincerely hope that one day I am sitting there with the love of my life, just enjoying God's precious gifts... I can not even explain. I think that the look was very evident on my face that I so long for that to be the real me one day bc Mrs. B quickly scrambled for her camera to get a shot. She said that I looked so perfect sitting there. HA! It was awesome! After touring the hotel for about in an hour, in my worst pair of walking shoes possible we left. Goodbye Switzerland and Hello France!!
It was intended to be a three hour bus ride, however, it ended up being about an hour and a half longer. I didn't mind! It was a wonderful time. Between the sleeping. laughing, ipod listening, and gazing at the new scenery, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Initially, the scenery of France looked similar to that of I-45, but as we got farther in, I definately could tell that we were not in Texas. It seemed as though with a blink of an eye I was in a perfectly painted picture of the French countryside. I wished the bus would have just stopped so that I could breath in the air, but traffic was already bad enough, I would hate to make it worse :p.
We arrived at the Chateau and then walked down the tree covered road to the restaurant that had been so readily waiting. We were first presented with out started, a salad and a little quiche Lorraine. Wow, I love the place that I work, the food is beyond wonderful, but this was by far the best quiche Lorraine I had ever had. Gooodness!! yum yum! Then we had some chicken and noodles, baby noodles may I add, then desert was a chocolate molten lava cake. Mini size of course! I finished mine in a good 2 minutes... and that is being generous. I sat at the table with the students that I was least familiar with, and it ended up being a very good time. I felt like, although the conversations were mainly about relationships, I learned a lot. You really can learn a lot about people through that (at least I think.) We left, had a grand tour of the chateau, and were given our rooms. I squealed when I saw Elz and my room 😊 Although, there is apparently a ghost here, Melanie, and I don't like that. But she was here first, I just hope that she is nice...

That concludes my first experience of France. I must say, I am utterly impressed. Bring it on world, bring. it. on. :D - partially quoted from Mademoiselle Kimberly Stockley



Advertisement



28th May 2009

Dinner
Thanks for such nice conversation at dinner. I appreciate you sitting with new people!
29th May 2009

And by "love of my life" I'm POSITIVE you mean me. Okay, good. Glad we had this conversation! :) Love you!!

Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb