Last day in Strasbourg


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
December 27th 2008
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Strasbourg before heading back to Paris. We took a walk in the morning to go back to the governmental buildings that we had seen before at night, which were just as beautiful in the daytime. It was a bit sad walking past the christmas market that was being packed up and moved off until the next year. We had another look at Petit France, which we had also only seen at night time, and had another wander around there. We headed back into town to have a last look at the cathedral and to see the Astronomical clock (which was a little disappointing, as you couldnt exactly see a lot cos of all the people they packed in and there didnt seem to be all that much happening). We then had a quick look at the mall, and some other shops, before heading back to the hotel. We got a taxi to the train station (and got ripped off again, beware the taxi drivers) before taking our train back to Paris. Mum and i had seats but we had only managed to get a flipdown seat in the baggage area for Tesni, so we ended up sitting with the 3 of us over 2 seats for most of the way. It only took a couple of hours on the train, and we then had to negotiate the Metro again and a bus (and then a walk) to get to our last timeshare stay in Vincennes. We werent quite sure about the area when we arrived, but this must have just been because we were tired and it was dark, because further inspection over the next few days proved that the area was actually lovely and couldnt have been better. The apartment was nice as well, with a large bathroom and kitchen and everything, and with a supermarket just a minute down the road we were all set for the week (and the supermarket opened on Sundays too, which is almost unheard of over there).


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb