Merry Christmas to all!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
December 25th 2008
Published: December 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A merry christmas to all of you, hopes it has been as enjoyable as ours.
We started off the morning by giving out our presents that we were too tired to do the night before (although Tesni was a bit shortchanged as we havnt got her anything yet as we didnt know what she needed, we are going shopping when we get back to Paris). Tesni had been very sneaky, she had made notes of what we liked when she took us shopping in St Michel and snuck back and got them. We opened Grans cards too; thank you Gran they were lovely to have something from you on the day, and thank you very much for the presents in them.
Then we headed downstairs for breakfast, which is included with our room rates and is divine, croissants to dip in the best hot chocolate ever and bacon and eggs and cereals and breads and cheeses and hams and all sorts.
After a little more relaxing (which was a real novelty for mum, as those of you who have spent christmas with us before will know) we got all dressed up and walked into town to a little restaurant that Tesni had booked us into for lunch. It was very cosy and quaint, spread out over lots of little rooms, and full to the brim of local people (which is always a good sign). We had wonderful local dishes for main meals; veal courdon bleu with a creamy mushroom sauce, slow-baked ham hock with a cheese and mustard sauce, and a hotpot with three meats and gratin potatos. All were divine, and left us holding our stomachs and groaning in pleasure. We even splashed out then and had some dessert; crumble with seasonal fruits and a chefs platter that had a selection of sorbets and puddings and tarts etc, and was every bit as good as the mains. We spent a couple of hours in the restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
It was then back to the hotel for a little bit more relaxing (and someone even chased mum down the street to find out where she bought her christmas hat from, thats how cool we looked walking home in our christmas getup), before we indulged in the very french tradition of going out for a walk after dinner. We spent a couple of hours wandering around petit france (yes, we realise that the country we are in is already france, we thing the name is a hangover from when the town was a part of germany) which was beautiful at night, and now we are ready to settle down to an evening of chocolate in the warmth of our hotel room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb