Neuf-Breisach, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Neuf-Brisach
July 31st 2015
Published: July 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Neuf-Briesach, France



July 31st



After spending another day in Lauterbourg, we cycled to Gambshein and spent two days there. We are trying to slow up a bit because we have extra time.

Our next stop was Strausbourg, where we have been before. They have just finished remodeling the whole campground and it was super nice. However, the camping was 26,50 euros which did include internet. Chuck's crank on his bike was making a clicking noise and when we skyped with Dan he said not to ride it. The next day we were due a friends of friends in Wolfischeim just 10k out of Stausbourg. We decided to ride there since it was a short distance.

We arrived safely and the next day Sonia took us to a bike shop for repair. The bike was ready that afternoon and only set us back 37 euros. Sonia & William took us to an Alsatian restaurant that was built as a house around 1820. We had tarte flambe and a lovely bottle of pinot blanc, all from the Alsace area. The following night they had a BBQ and invited some friends of theirs. We had a
Neuf-Breisach, FranceNeuf-Breisach, FranceNeuf-Breisach, France

Walled city by Vauban, 1700's
wonderful evening.

It's turned cool after many days of heat. We have been riding along the Rhone-Rhin Canal and the cycling has been fabulous. It was fun to see the barge boats on the canal and then the canal became unnavigable but, the trail continued.

We are in Neuf-Briesach for a few days and today we visited the Vauban Museum. Vauban was military architect who build 12 forts under the rein of Louis the 14th around the 1700's.

Tomorrow we will jump across the river for a few hours to visit Briesach on the German side.

Chuck met a couple and their two children from Switzerland who have biked through South American, Asia and Europe. They have electric bikes and huge solar panels to keep them charged. You never know who you will meet.



By Monday, we will head toward Mulhouse.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Family from SwitzerlandFamily from Switzerland
Family from Switzerland

Cycled South America, Asia, England. Now headed home. Electric bikes with solar panels.


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb