Finland - Sunday 25/11/18


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Lapland » Luosto
November 26th 2018
Published: November 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We checked out of our hotel and caught the 11am ski bus back to Rovaniemi Airport, which takes about 1.5 hours. The flight to Helsinki took just over an hour and we viewed gorgeous crimson sunsets through our plane window.

There was just enough time to have a quick snack in the lounge before our next flight. Before take-off, our plane had to taxi to a section of the tarmac for de-icing. This was interesting to watch as you pull into an area, with 2 trucks on either side. The trucks have a crane on the back with a box at the top where someone sits with a big hose. They spray some sort of foam mixture on the main wings and on the tail. It only takes a few minutes to do once you are there. Another plane pulled up beside us so we were able to watch it being de-iced as well through our window. This flight, from Helsinki to London Heathrow, took 3 hours and a pre-booked car was waiting to take us to the Novotel Stansted Airport for 1 night.

After a quick drink and snack in the bar, we went to bed as we were very tired.

The hotel checkout was 12pm so we decided to have a lazy morning in our room and ordered room service for breakfast.

At 11:30, we checked out and caught a taxi from the hotel to the AFC, dropped off our bags and went into Stansted Mountfitchet for lunch and shopping.

This week, we start a 5 day course on Trance Mediumship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb