58 Degrees North


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
March 25th 2009
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Trees and ChurchTrees and ChurchTrees and Church

Chruches there are alot of churches in eastern europe
Hey hey, well slept most of the flight from Stansted to Tallinn. But coming into land I got an idea of how cold it was going to be due all the snow still on the ground. Tallinn is some 54 degress north of the equator.

Going through the whole passport control which is pretty easy with an Australian passport - they nearly roll their eyes thinking - another bloody aussie. We're everywhere. This got proved when I got to the Old Town Hostel (which looks like your nan's house) and meet three aussie's in two hours all from perth. Seriously what are the odds?

First night crashed a medieval bar with one of the Perth dudes. They serve no coke, or anything else made after the 14th century. But the food was good and beer even more so. mmm honey. Quote of the night was "man size or lady size" when you say want beer you want - you find out later man size is alot more expensive.

Over the following days & nights, explored castles and parks, however alot of the stuff was closed due to being the off season. Went out with some germans on the
Church and IChurch and IChurch and I

This old style orthodox church in the old town of Tallinn
last night and we sadly disappointed to find that supermarkets will no sell your alcohol after 10pm. wat the?


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ice is slipperyIce is slippery
Ice is slippery

An old man walked down here moments before I took this photo and nearly fell over. I laughed and then he tried to sell me old russian coins. Ah the Senial today....
Man Size Beer and IMan Size Beer and I
Man Size Beer and I

In the Old Hansa in Tallinn, this medieval restaurant, is your typical 14th century pub. Beers, home brewed come in two sizes - Man size and Lady size and the way the waiter asks which one you like ensures you protect your masculinity and choose Man. Ofcourse its double the price :)
The witches towerThe witches tower
The witches tower

Where they inturned pro's.
Talinn landscapeTalinn landscape
Talinn landscape

The Old town and I


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb