EasyJet to Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
June 16th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.6763, 12.5681

4.45am; Good Morning, this is your wake up call. That wasn't great, but at least our morning went better than for the rabbit we saw squashed on the way to Gattwick. Our easyHotel horrors were over, today we were to face to horrors of the queues of easyJet. Our flight was for 7am. There was a good 45 minute wait of a thousand people waiting for us at the departures gate. Of course when we finally made it to the counter, our bags were deemed to be oversized and needed to be dropped elsewhere. Finally, we were seated, and in the air for the first time in over a month. The plane was decent enough and journey took a mere 90 minutes before touching down in Copenhagen. Getting by Passport control was slow. Whilst I was waved through with my EU passport, Nats brief interrogation was rewarded with an entry stamp. Lucky Nat!
Our hotel wasn't too far away. A couple stops on the regional train before one stop on the metro. Not too hard to figure out, even with minimal English signs and directions to be found. Our hotel was an architectural wonder. Slanty glass towers, near the metro, 15 minutes from the city but still in apparent countryside. Bella Sky Towers cost about the average price of a hotel but was an interesting choice. The rooms are all abstract design and unique. Ours is on floor 9 and offers a decent view of the area. We checked in around noon, already exhausted from our packs we decided to go straight to gym before a shower and lunch. We decided to have a quiet day thereafter and enjoy the hotel. With no shops around and our location rather isolated, that meant having to eat lunch and dinner there. Both were great but a little on the expensive side. We had dinner on the skybar on level 23. Small cold tapas and a local beer. Were planning to explore the city the next two days. Copenhagen is expensive so I think our best option is to buy a Copenhagen pass which covers all attractions and public transport. A 48 hour pass will cover us from tomorrow morning until when we head to the port for our next cruise. Were going to sleep now. Whilst the softest bed Ive had, they are also very comfy. Looking forward to tomorrow, early impressions of Copenhagen are clean, organized, modern, spacious, green and safe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



18th June 2013

Interesting hotel?

Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb