DANISH CROWN


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
May 29th 2015
Published: June 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post




Travel Blog » Europe » Denmark » Blogs » Danish Crown Slaughterhouse
Danish Crown Slaughterhouse
« Previous Entry


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Europe » Denmark
May 31st 2015 Publishing: June 2nd 2015


The Danish Crown Slaughterhouse has over 20,000 visitors per year to its facility in Horsens.
An automated and robotic process results in 103,000 pigs being processed each week.

Dorte Hansen was our Guide and we were provided with a tour and commentary of the processes involved.

Following our time at Horsens we were guests of Sole Gruppen for lunch where we met with the leadership Team of the Company.
Rotarian Jorgen Petersen provided a tour of the food processing facility where raw material is processed into a paste that minks find extremely tasty.
Following the minks food trail lead us to the mink farm where Andrew donned a thick glove so as to handle a mink with a very strong maternal instinct.
Team Members were able to hold a baby mink in their hand despite the squeals of protestations and concern from "mummy minks".
Whilst holding a baby mink one Team Member received a bonus in the form of a call of nature. Humour for some but shock for one.

A visit to a fishing and hunting retail warehouse (think Bunnings) provided an insight into merchandise display and the range of items available.

We were in jail for a large part of the afternoon. Jens and Jorgen arranged to take us to jail so we could learn from the experience of others who had been jailed for crimes committed.
The jail is in Horsens and was decommissioned in 2006. A prisoner by the name of Karl August Lorentzen escaped on Chistmas Eve by digging a hole and was recaptured 5 days later. The focus was on prisoner rehabilitation.

Dinner was at the Hedensted Golf Course as guests of Jorgen. Host families joined us as a farewell dinner.

Whilst Team Members were tired after a long day, we were so thankful and we appreciate the time and effort from Rotarians Jens and Jorgen in their attempt to make the day as varied and as interesting as it was.


« Previous Entry
COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom


Comment Follow (0)

Blog Map
Print Version



Comments only available on published blogs
Travel Blog » Europe » Denmark » Blogs » Danish Crown Slaughterhouse
Copyright Notice: All Rights Reserved

Do not copy images or text from this page without requesting and receiving permission. All rights are reserved by the author and photographer.

Contact David H (Fear4less Leader) - a lack of a response does not mean that you have permission to use material from this page.
Home
About Us
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service
Join Us
Contact Us
Advertising
Cool Stuff
Travel Insurance
Travel Guide
World Facts
now: 1433222753 age: 565 ttl: 3600 left: 3035 © 2014 TravelBlog.org & Bloggers


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb