Skagen =)


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Nordjylland » Skagen
September 21st 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SKAGEN!SKAGEN!SKAGEN!

This is where we stayed in. a light house. it was very cool!
HI everyone!

I just got home from Skagen with my host family!
It was so beautiful and one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen!
It took about three hours to drive there, but it was completely worth it.
By the way, Skagen is a town located on the most northern point of Denmark.
Its a place where you can see the East and Noth sea collide together.
We left friday after school and arrived later in that afternoon. All of the houses are yellow, with white trimming, and white fences. It was kind of scary because every house and shop looked the same as the other, but it was still pretty cool.
We stayed in a light house located right on the beach and it was the coolest place i have ever spent the night. In my bedroom you could open the window and touch the light house. In my parents bedroom you could open the window and feel like you were on a boat right above the ocean.
That night we walked about 30 mins down to "the branch" which is the place where you can stand on the most northern point. We took a lot
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!SKAGEN!

the beach next to our room =) it was very beautiful
of pictures, but then it suddenly got really dark.
The next day we went to town and went shopping and for the first time in Denmark went to a restaurant. It was a huge cafe and the food was so good. And pf course i got a cheeseburger and fries. I was so excited. Later that night we all watched a movie together in the living room and pigged out on junk food. The day before we went to the store and bought a bunch of candy, chips, cookies, and soda. =)
Finally, the next day came and we had to go home. On the way home we stopped at my host moms parents house. We had coffee and lunch then went to one of the nicest beaches in Denmark. it was beautiful and filled with white sand and many people. A few hours later we drove home, and well, here i am now. I am so tired and have english, social science, and spanish homework =)
Next weekend I am going to London with my class, and i am so excited!
Hope everything is well =)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

My host sister, Anne and i walking on the beach. it was very cold and almost dark
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

another beach picture. we didnt know we were taking a picture =)
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

An old WW2 bunker. they were everywhere on the beach!!
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

A danger sign. You are not allowed to swim in the water because its where the north and east sea waves collide. its dangerous!
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

An old light house.
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

My host dad, mom, and sister, My two host brothers stayed in Struer.
SKAGEN!SKAGEN!
SKAGEN!

The most northern point of Denmark you can stand! it is kind of blurry and dark


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb