Wild and Windy


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Midtjylland » Ebeltoft
August 8th 2023
Published: August 8th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are off to a little town called Ebeltoft today. This was on the recommendation of our masseur, Bruce who has spent quite a bit of time in Scandinavia.

The weather started off fine but extremely windy. Rain started as we got closer then the blue skies appeared again. Just like home….

Found our village but missed the first turn. No drama, next turn then into tiny little cobbled streets. Next thing I am going down a street with no cars anywhere. Chris asks if a circle with a red line through it means no entry. Ooops. Bloody tourists. Never mind. No one was injured in the enactment of this driving experience. Got out of there quick smart and back to a large car park where there was the museum of glass.

They had an exhibition of glass and live bacteria and stuff. Way over our understanding/experience. Once we got past this there were some amazing glass pieces on display.

Outside they had even more pieces together with a glass workshop area where they were doing hands on experiences for those who had paid a lot extra.

We went to the gift shop and while wandering there a massive storm came through. Even the lady running the shop was amazed at its ferocity.

Rain abated and we decided to go back and walk the streets I had driven earlier. With a watch out for any stray tourists driving down the street as we walked. Very interesting shops when you didn’t have to concentrate on getting out of there in the car. Some fascinating old buildings in this area.

Stopped for a coffee and a pear tart. Very nice. Finally out and into the car. The rain had slowed but not the wind. Drove down to the edge of the jetty. Waves were crashing over the end of the jetty spraying everything and everyone who got too close. Some good pics of this amazing weather and the rough seas.

Eventually back to Aarhus. Went for a drive through the old town. Again, very hard to work out one way streets and no entry signs written in Danish. Made our way through part of the town and then found the botanical gardens. Had a quick walk through but the rains came again so back to the car. Not before we saw a very old wooden windmill and an old open museum based on open air living around an old house or two and lots of shops. Hard to explain but maybe Google “Den Gamle By” to see what I am badly trying to explain. Unfortunately it had closed before we got there.

Decided to do dinner at a street food place we saw last night. Way too many choices but when we finally decided our food was really nice and freshly cooked. Little bottle of red and we were done.

Back and re-packed for our adventure to Legoland in Bilund tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.532s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb