Magnificent Europe - Czech Republic


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
September 15th 2013
Published: September 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Magnificent Europe - APT river cruising


For your interest: Most of the photos are taken using my old Panasonic video camera NV-GS180 with a 2.3 mega pixel still picture and a Coolpix S230 for panorama shots + others.

September 12: We departed Perth to Singapore;

September 13: Arrived - departed Singapore for Frankfurt - arriving 12 hours later and then walking 3/4 hour through the Terminal to board our flight to Prague arriving at about 9.30am and into the hotel about 10.30am.

September 13th: Friday: PRAGUE;

We have walked around the shops and streets.

September 14: after a really good breakfast we walked across bridges and around part of the river then later to a museum to see "The Monarchy" exhibition series. In the evening we met our tour guide and some of the other members of the party before going on an orientation walk of the city.

September 15 Sunday: Tour of the castle and then a walk from the castle down the hill through the Lesser Town Square, across Charles Bridge to the Old Town Square to the Wenceslas Square (Mustek).

In the afternoon we had a guided tour through the Municipal House.

September 16th: A tour to Terazin Concentration site - a walk through the camp - into the first room where persons were recorded; into the rooms where persons were placed; a walk through 500m of tunnel; viewing of a propaganda film.

This evening we attended a traditional dinner with food and gypsy music and dancing. Good time.

September 17: TUESDAY: Travel 8.5 hours from Prague to Budapest and onto the AmaLyra. Our cabin is reasonable and we can see out of the window - water level just below window and ducks swimming in the Danube. A nice meal and then a brief cruise on the Danube.

September 22: Sunday: We arrived in Linz, boarded a coach and travelled through beautiful country side across the border of Austria to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic.

September 22nd: Sunday: CESKY KRUMLOV

A guided walk through the Old town and up to the castle that overlooks the Vltava River. What a very lovely town this is and oh! so good for shopping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PraguePrague
Prague

Walk from the castle to the Lower Town
PraguePrague
Prague

Water wheel viewed from the Charles Bridge
TerazinTerazin
Terazin

Cemetery


16th September 2013

Hi from Sue, Anaesthesia
Jenny, Prague looks so beautiful. What a great way to see the city - walking. I'd be happy to stay here for most of the trip. Your trip so far sounds wonderful. Sue

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb