Skiing with the Czech Fam and the weekend


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
May 4th 2006
Published: May 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My Czech family took Carrie and me skiing to a place by Poland. It was soo much fun. Though I was definately rusty with the skis, it had been too long. The 7 and 13 year olds were much better then me. It was also really cold at the summit but became much better as we made our way down. The slope was really long and had trails along the way one could choose to go on. So we only went up on the chair lift 4 times though we skied for awhile. The Czech mom was cute and brought lunch and tea and a really yummy desert for us. All the kids are soo well behaved. For the 2 hour car ride they were practically silent, it amazed me how well behaved they are.

We ate in a town by the slope at the family’s favorite restaurant there. There food was soo good and so cheap. They gave us so much food too, we took it to go. However, the idea of a doggie bag or taking food to go is not done in Prague unless one goes to one of the more American restaurants and it especially is not done with in the Czech Republic in smaller towns. The waiter looked at us so funny when we asked for it to go and it was my Czech father asking in Czech (no English was involved).

Our Czech father was touring us around as we were driving telling us about places. My favorite part was on the way back when we went of the main road to go to an area called Czech Paradise. It is an area with many huge sand rocks that stick straight out of the ground. They were pretty and would have been great for rock climbing. It was so nice to get out into the wilderness and walk around.

I learned a lot about Czechs from that trip.

The day before:

Carrie and I went to pick up the skis and worked out before that. Though the night before we were out late dancing so we did not get started as early as we hoped. We were going to show up at the big soccer game in Prague and get tickets. After the long hassel of getting the skis and carrying them around Prague we were running late to the game. We meet some people and went on a long bus ride to get there. Unfortunately when we got to the stadium there was no game, yes I got directions to the wrong stadium. Though there was a very cool very and it was a cool (empty) stadium to see. It was built during the communist time so they made it huge to let everyone go. It’s the biggest stadium for soccer in the world. Though they made it too big to actually hold games. I think it would be to difficult to see anything. So they don’t use this huge stadium, which shows by its wear.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb