Pisek, Czech Republic


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Both under 16's and under 18s are playing well here in Pisek and Strakonich at the World Junior Ball Hockey Championships as we head to the medal rounds.

Pisek is a lovely little town about 1 hour drive from Prague. It's all cobble-stone streets , a lazy river and church towers, very peaceful and walkable. We've found it to be incredibly safe and never for a second felt any danger. Our hotel is on one of the many squares : HINT: if you are booking a hotel room here in summer, make sure there is air conditioning! (this isn't standard!). From every corner there are bell towers that chime every 15 minutes...not joking! The one outside our room chimes about 40 bells at 7 am, and that's not including the enormous flocks of birds that inhabit the nearby parks and insist on announcing the break of dawn at 4am! With the window open to get the cool breeze you will be woken every few minutes, and with them closed you swelter! .......just saying....

Not much to say about Strakonice....looks like an industrial ?textile town. Its set in beautiful countryside, but the town itself hasn't much to commend it.
Second intermission Team Canada vs  IsraelSecond intermission Team Canada vs  IsraelSecond intermission Team Canada vs Israel

Canada took this friendly game with rookie team from Israel easily (and allowed one goal in the name of sportsmanship). During the second intermission the boys played hackey with the ball at center floor.

Will update with the results of the medal rounds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb