Day 20


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 28th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we got to sleep in, we didn't have class until 11:15. It was wonderful!

In class we had two lectures, one good, one completely boring. We had an hour-long break, at which time the five of us went to eat dinner and Maxine and I went souveneir shopping (again). I bought a lot of stuff (including stuff for me), so I'm actually almost done.

After our break, we went back to class to watch a Czech film called Pelisky. It was about three families living in the same apartment complex during the 60's, so under communism. It was really interesting.

We went back to the dorms for a few hours and then got ready to go out. yesterday we met up with some students that Marketa had taught earlier this summer, who were from University of Southern Florida and were studying here at the Anglo-American college. They had invited us to their farewell reception, so we went. We met up with Marketa there, met some new people, and had a wonderful time enjoying free wine.

After the wine party was over, nine of us went to Club Architektu, a cool restaurant in the Little Quarter. We had some drinks and appetizers. We had an awesome time, it was a great night.

Tomorrow we are going to Terezin, a concentration camp about an hour outside of Prague. Terezin was the "model" concentration camp, used for propaganda and showing off to international organizations. It should be pretty interesting.

Advertisement



29th July 2006

Congrats!
Katie - Congrats - you recovered from the wine party enough to blog about your day. Glad you had a good time. Hope you find Terezin interesting. Thanks for the email last night. Glad your souvenir finds are going well. We'll keep in touch this weekend.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb