Day 9


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 17th 2006
Published: July 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was...long.

After a fabulous day off we were back to work today, bright and early at 9:00 a.m. after I only got 3 hours of sleep (I blame the bugs). We came in and presented the presentations we had been working on for the past few days, but not to good results. The professors were unimpressed. I feel as if we did not get a clear idea of what they wanted from us for this presentation until this morning (I mean we were supposed to present a "strategy" but that can cover a lot of different things).

Anyway, the late morning was spent making changes. Again, the Czech professor gave us the presentation he put together earlier and wanted us to do that presentation, adding "our thoughts" and again, we refused to do that. We were making pretty good progress (except for the people who were checking e-mail or wandering in and out of the room...so frustrating!) until lunch. A few of us stayed to work during lunch, and after that we headed to a travel agent's office to finalize plans to Vienna this weekend!

While we were gone, the Czech students negotiated with the Czech professor and he was finally pleased with our presentation (after we added a few of his slides, changed around for us, of course!). The afternoon went a little better, but the biggest problem were the people who were not contributing to the work. We ran through the presentation one more time, and we were good to go for tomorrow.

We have to be there to present to some important Mizzou people and Czech and US government officials at 9:00 a.m. (So when you guys will be fast asleep at 2 in the morning, I will finally be finishing this class!) Honestly, I just want all of this to get done. I feel that we've put in a lot of long hours doing this project, and we've put together an impressive presentation for only working with the subject matter for a week.

After class, we went to New Town to shop, which gave me a chance to demonstrate my awesome sense of direction. I, of course, did not buy anything 😊 (Actually, I've only bought one thing so far, a gift for Kelly). After that, we got dinner (pizza) and ate it quickly before heading back. I took a nap!

OK, so there's only a few things I miss from home (besides all the people): Good pasta, Dr. Pepper, and Taco Bell. There are like a million KFC's but no Taco Bells, which is very sad.

Hot water update: No hot water until Friday. The MU study abroad office knew this months ago but decided not to tell us, which is kind of upsetting. One of the head honcho study abroad guys is coming here tomorrow, maybe we will all tell him we need to use his shower!!!

Anyway, I didn't mean to write a whole blog complaining! Tomorrow will be much better, I can't wait to get those presentations over with!

Oh, here are some more links to pictures:

http://missouri.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066298&l=4b3b3&id=15901645

http://missouri.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066302&l=225a9&id=15901645

http://missouri.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066306&l=bd87a&id=15901645

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb