Pottering through Prague!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 22nd 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last night I flew from Edinburgh direct cos it was so much easier than flying to London, meeting Sarah and getting up super early to fly to Prague. But it did mean I was arriving in Prague on my own and having to find my way to the hostel! Which surely we all know by now is not easy! So, ben, lovely as he is, booked me a private car through his work to pick me up! And there he was, big smile on his face with a big bright orange sign saying R. Stewart! Brilliant! He led me to his flash mercedes and handed me a rose! I could get used to this! Just thought this was the prague way and then text ben and told him and he was like ah yeah course it was me, I paid £3 extra for it! haha! 😊 Bless! Was a good smooth ride to the hostel which wasnt too far away and got to see a bit of prague on the way which i immediately liked! I got dropped off at the hostel, checked in and realised there was pretty much no food places open around the hostel. Only one lil restaurant opposite which I attempted to walk in and say 'table for one' but just couldnt do it!! There was only a big table free so I left and decided it was just gonna be left over maltesers from the plane for dinner, went to my room, sat down and realised just how hungry I was and decided come on rach woman up!! So I walked in the other direction, head down and stumbled across a take away pizza place which was cheap and actualy quite yummy! So ate up and headed back to the hostel, had a bit of a read as I was mid 50 shades of Grey! Had a good sleep and woke up in the am ready to meet my plus one - sarah!

She was a few hours later that she thought so cos I get lost in about 5 secs after walking I decided to hang out at the hostel for a bit, skyped home and then went outside to go and meet her. Was so good to see her cos it had been months! She was knackered as she had to up at 3am to get the 6.20am flight from London! Gah im glad I went direct last night! We stored luggage and didnt get any info from the useless girl in reception so decided to just walk in the direction of the old town. Sarah had been here before so I trusted her intuition as to which was to go. Unfortunately, she kept saying she didnt remember anything and then 10mins later ohhhh yep I remember this! Very similar to me haha! So we started by finding somewhere for lunch on the way to the old town as I hadnt found anywhere open for breakie to eat. So sat upstairs outside, caught up and people watched for a while! Then we headed to the old town, buying belgian chocs on the way. The old town was so cool! Charles Bridge was awesome and we passed through the square where the astronomical clock is, while sarah told me about 3 diff stories as to why it was famous, none of which ended up being true! haha 😊 But it was pretty impressive anyway and every hour it came to life and had huge crowds around it for it! We didnt see this till dinner when we ate out the front of it! We then wandered up to the castle and around the castle grounds. Saw some amazing views over Prague and took some pics. So many red roofs! And a really good view of Charles bridge and the river! And on the way up we discovered what the amazing smell all around Prague was! Trdelnik I think they were called! AMAAAAZING! Cinammon roll type things and they were delish!! So we shared our first of many for the weekend up at the castle! On the way back down to the jewish quarter we got a call from Katiewho said they had arrived near the castle! Which we thought was bizzare cos it didnt seem like a place where a bus from poland would arrive! So we told them to drop their things at the hostel then come meet us! SO sarah was gonna lead a edelf guided our through the jewish quarter till she realised she didnt actually know much about it or anything! haha! So we wandered for a bit thn decided it was time for a re-group and a coffee somewhere warm! So that we did for like an hour and met Katie and Teagan there.

It was good to see katie again as also hadnt seen her for ages after we had both bee away for summer. And had never met Teagan so was good to meet her. We decided to walk back up through the main square to the clock again and have an early dinner as all 3 other girls had been up for a long time! So we tried to get a table at a restarant opp the clock so we could watch it on the hour do its thing. We didnt manage to be right infront but near enough to see a bit through the screeds of tourists! We had an amazing dinner. A huge menu with giant ictures on each page of the czech meals! I had an amazing steak with veges and the girls had lamb and chicken! There was a beautiful buiding behind us at dinner which I asked what it was as all girls had been to Prague before and Sarah very quietly announced it was the walt disney towers!!! We wre like whaaaaaat?!! She was pretty convinced but google told us otherwise and apparantley it is in Germany somewhere! But was pretty funny! And its what we will always know it as now!

We were all stuffed with food but in conjunction with the rest of the weekend were craving a Trdelnik and so went and found some more on the way to walk Charles bridge at night cos we had heard it was beautiful! Trident not quite as good this time but still yummy! But bridge was pretty cool at night! Lots of entertainment on there and people selling some things and the city looked pretty all lit up esp the old town. We were all pretty tired and had to be up early in the am bt decided to have a few drinks at an irish pub on the way home 😊 Then it was off to bed after a big day of wandering!


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 26


Advertisement

walt disney haha!walt disney haha!
walt disney haha!

everyone was touching it so so did we


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb