Kasha said "Yes."


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
March 14th 2005
Published: March 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Angel in the State Opera HouseAngel in the State Opera HouseAngel in the State Opera House

Golden angels are at each of the light fixtures on the upper balcony section of the State Opera House.
Kasha said “Yes, you can ride with me to Krakow.”

We will ride with her from Prague to Krakow on Thursday March 24th and return on Tuesday March 29th. She said she will have a friend look into reserving us a room in a hotel. I believe this will be a very interesting trip.

I have sworn off brussel sprouts. There is an untrue belief that brussel sprouts are a member of the cabbage family, a vegetable. They are not!!! Brussel sprouts are small green leafy spheres of highly compressed gas disguised as a vegetable. I am not going to eat them again! That suits me fine. At least I will be able to sleep through the night without hearing loud explosions and smelling sulfur bombs! I don’t like to eat Brussels Sprouts at home where they taste nasty. But here they are well cooked and absolutely delicious. I eat them almost every day and they seem to like me too.
Most of today was a beautiful day of sunshine with the temperature above freezing. It was a most pleasant feeling to walk outside and actually feel some warmth in the air. The weatherman says by the end of the week the temperature will be a balmy 40 to 50. We won’t know how to act or dress if it isn’t below freezing. The downside is Nancy is sadly watching the snow disappear. Maybe the spring flowers will compensate for the loss of the snow.

The Ph.D. and Masters students who have finished their classes and are working on their dissertation proposals are here this week. This is called Review Week. It seems that preparing the proposal requires as much research and work as the actual writing of the dissertation. Just ensuring that no one has previously written on a particular topic is a huge job. Then the proposal has to be written and accepted and finally the additional research and writing can begin.










Advertisement



Tot: 0.682s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 19; qc: 161; dbt: 0.2946s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb