Doorways of Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 6th 2006
Published: February 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lion doorwayLion doorwayLion doorway

We were on our way to a toy store when we spotted this doorway.
Many years ago I glanced through a small book entitled, “Doorways of Washington.” Each page contained a photograph and a description of a doorway in Washington, D.C. There is no question in my mind that a book “The Doorways of Prague,” is also a possibility. The buildings and doorways in downtown Prague are simply fascinating to me. Fortunately for Prague and the world there was almost no damage to Prague during World War II and then during the communist era there was not enough money to tear down the beautiful old buildings and replace them with modern glass and steel buildings.

One of my goals during this visit is to take pictures of some of the buildings and doorways that I find interesting. I hope you, the reader, will not become too bored with my pictures, that, in fact, you also find them interesting.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Diamond doorwayDiamond doorway
Diamond doorway

This doorway is near the Old Town Square.
Falcon doorwayFalcon doorway
Falcon doorway

This doorway is near the Old Town Square.


6th February 2006

Very interesting
That's a very interesting collection! I did the same thing with Roman doorways, and granted, that became one of my Italian travel conclusion for years. Good luck with the collection, and Bon Voyage!
9th February 2006

So much fun to see these since we were fortunate to visit Praque. Thanks again for the dinner and city tour!! It has been a very rainy winter here and we feel like we have surely grown web feet. Leaving soon for So. Ca AND Arizona. Have a granddaughter and great-grandchildren in Yuma so that will be one of our stops. Bev's husband is in the Marines and stationed there. Wimp had a prostrate scare but tests turned out negative so we have to watch the situation but are cleared for travel so away we go soon. Love hearing about your exciting life.
10th February 2006

Wow!
Nancy, I am in love with architecture, and doors are one of my favorites. The pictures are wonderful. How about researching them in your "spare" time and doing your book?!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb