Ira, the Bulgarian sweetheart


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 29th 2006
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Little Ira, a sweet little Bulgarian girl.Little Ira, a sweet little Bulgarian girl.Little Ira, a sweet little Bulgarian girl.

Her parents are both working on Ph.D's.
Ira has been here with her parents for a while but will stay here only this week more and will be returning home with them tomorrow. She has had a great time this week having a good time running and playing. One day she and another lovely child ran circles around the little wall in the dining room laughing and playing and then after becoming tired sitting on the bottom shelf of a section of shelving. It is fun to watch these kids ... if only I had their energy.

Poor little Ira was playing this afternoon and fell hurting her hand. She looked so sad as she sat on her mother's lap, sucking her thumb for comfort. Several of us checked her hand carefully to be sure it wasn't swollen. She was very brave though it hurt a lot.

Monday morning we saw Ira at breakfast and she was fine. Her hand was not swollen or bruised. But for some reason she was quite shy and would not look at any of us. That all changed when Sophie showed up with her parents. Ira still had no time for the adults, but as soon as she saw her buddy, Sophie, a big smile spread over her face and she held out her hand toward Sophie.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb