Dinner in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 7th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Dinner on the Vltava 35 secs
Dinner on a clear and beautiful night in Prague. Wonderful. Disneyesque!
After an incredible day of seeing the beautiful sights in Prague, primarily Prague Castle and the accompanying St. Vitus Cathedral, we walked again across the Charles Bridge to have dinner. The weather was much more cooperative this evening. For those of you in Louisiana, we needed sweaters as it was 58 degrees. As you can see from the pics and the video, the view was spectacular! Very New Orleans like in that on the bridge, there are artists hawking their wares, including caricutures and portraits. There are also musicians as well. Prague has quite a jazz following and lots of jazz clubs. Our waiter tonight at Kampapark was Tomas, the same name as last night. We skipped the expensive champagne and stuck with our old stand-by - cosmos. Robert had octopus as an appetizer, which was amazing. Kathy had an apple salad, which was also amazing but she did not eat the quince (jelly looking substance) because she did not know what it was. Robert had saddle of lamb, which was also amazing. Kathy had the pepper steak with a potato pancake - very delicious.

As has now become our custom, we took a long walk back to the hotel, as a digestive. We leave tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. for Vienna.
Fourth country in a week. Having the time of our lives!!!

Kathy and Robert


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



8th July 2008

Fun Stuff!
It sounds like you two are having a fabulous time! We are enjoying the TravelBlog and every day we can't wait to see where you two are going next!! What a great idea! The most exciting thing we've had going on this week was watching Nadal take the Wimbledon title from Federer. Have a cosmo for me and safe travels!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb