Gypsies!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 31st 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tonight was the best night I have had on this trip!

I thought it was time for a non academic blog. 😊

When we met the mayor, he said that he wanted to give us tickets to the gypsy concert the next day. We thanked him, not really knowing what that entailed. We met downstairs to head over today. We got on the underground and arrived at the convention center. We had been under the impression that this was going to be at a little venue outside. We walk into the building and the room it is in has no chairs. We thought that was very odd for a concert. Then Dasa, our tour guide, said that since it is a gypsie concert, you are supposed to dance, not sit. At first we were all a little baffled. As soon as the music started we all understood. The group of us just broke out and danced. We danced with each other, the professors, and on our own. It was incredible! There were a bunch of different bands. We were definitely the liveliest group there. I got to dance with about half the guys on our trip. Some of them were amazing dancers... some were... um... not. It was definitely the most fun I have had in a long time.

I hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for reading! 😊

The one thing to remember: Gypsies have awesome music and none of my stuff got stolen 😊

Off to Dresden in the morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb