7th November 2014: Train to Prague - Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
November 8th 2014
Published: November 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we rose at 3.40 , had breakfast and walked to the underground Met train. Three stops later and we arrived at Budapest Central Station to catch our ride to Prague. It was a day ticket in 1st class and there were few passengers so we could spread out and relax. This trip left at 5.25am and pulled into Prague at 12.30 so there was still a little daylight left.

Sue had developed a pain in a tooth that had been checked just before we left Australia ( don't you love dentists) so the first priority was to have it seen too. Tim had other things to attend too, so I looked up a few dentists and went to see the guy at reception. He suggested we go to the Prague Emergency Dentist about 15 minutes away as the private ones are expensive. He assured us he had been there and they serviced foreigners. On arrival a lady told us that they didn't open until 4pm, so we went and had a coffee and looked at the private dentists again, at Sue's request. She wasn't keen on the look of the government one but I have.seen worse in Australia.
Typical view from the train.Typical view from the train.Typical view from the train.

Small villages and misty fog.

At 4pm we joined the queue and watched as various people entered and left. Our turn came and we discovered, contrary to what we were told, that no one understood a word of English. We had a letter the receptionist had written, with a request to ring him included, but Sue's stress levels and no English meant this was not going to happen. I apologised and we left, still in the same predicament as before. The dentist was cancelled until tomorrow, when another greater plan will be hatched.

Tim met us at our hotel at 6pm and we went for a walk before having an early dinner and settling in for the night. A long day but tomorrow the tooth has to be dealt with before we can do anything else. I sat up late, online, checking out our very limited Saturday dental possibilities and fell asleep wondering if it would happen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The SquareThe Square
The Square

The crowds are unbelievable, but I suppose we are part of this problem.


11th November 2014

Bloody teeth
Poor Sue. I know that Josh had to have some emergency dental work when we were overseas together and how stressful it all was. Not to mention expensive!! Hope things get sorted in the teeth department so you can continue your sightseeing. It all looks beautiful. Liz x
11th November 2014
View of the Square

Prague
A beautiful city

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb