Prague - Prague Castle - Ghost Tour At Night


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
July 24th 2013
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

First a big congratulations to everyone. We won a Travelblog.org Photo Contest for the blog entitled "Prague." I have no idea what the criteria was, but we won something, so congrats.

I spent the day reading, writing the blog, getting a hair cut and continuing to explore the city.

The big item on the agenda was, however, the famous Ghost Tour of Prague Castle (those of faint heart should probably stop reading now, lest the horrors disturb your sleep).

We gathered in Old Town Square after dark and met our guide David. We then wandered the streets of Prague, crossed the bridge and climbed up to Prague Castle. David regaled us with true stories and legends about the city and the castle.

Prague Castle is beautiful but it is quite creepy at night, and this creepiness provides great background for the legends.

The view of the city from the castle is amazing.

The tour ended about midnight, just as the dance clubs were heating up. I was so creeped out by the stories that I knew there was no way I could sleep (at least not without the light on), so I headed for Coco for a great night of dancing. The perfect end to a perfect day.

I posted a load of pictures. Enjoy, and keep the comments coming.

JJF


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

AlleyAlley
Alley

At night, only ghosts dare tread here.
Castle StairsCastle Stairs
Castle Stairs

Many horrors occurred on these stairs.
Great Dance ClubGreat Dance Club
Great Dance Club

After a night spent learning about 12 centuries of horror, there was no way I could sleep. So I just danced till dawn.


29th July 2013

Photography award...
actually you get this after posting 100 pictures, which is pretty easy. The next level is like 5000 pictures. But do not let this deflate you...I nominated you for Blogger of the Week, so hopefully you will get that before your travels are completed.
29th July 2013

Photograph Award
Thanks for the information on the photo award. And thanks for reading. I am pretty sure you are the only person I do not know who is reading this thing. I wanted you to know I appreciate your nice comments.
29th July 2013

Happy Birthday, Jeff!
We are thinking of you- have a great birthday today. Love your blog......please post a photo of yourself soon, so we really know that you are actually there!!!
29th July 2013

Birthday and Photos
Barb, thanks for the birthday wish. I have actually taken some pics with me in them, so I will be adding them. JJF
29th July 2013

Danced 'till dawn???!!! Who's writing this? We all know this is not possible, as JJF turns into a pumpkin well before midnight!!
29th July 2013

Dancing Till Dawn
Tim ... Tim ... Tim ... that old, boring, early-to-bed early-to-rise JJF has been replaced by the new and improved dance club going JJF
29th July 2013

Dancing Till Dawn
Tim ... Tim ... Tim ... that old, boring, early-to-bed early-to-rise JJF has been replaced by the new and improved dance club going JJF
29th July 2013

Dancing Till Dawn
Tim ... Tim ... Tim ... that old, boring, early-to-bed early-to-rise JJF has been replaced by the new and improved dance club going JJF
30th July 2013

Coco Loco
Did you learn this trick from Matt? He used to add tidbits for the Chief to make sure he read every word (bless his dear departed soul). You'd more likely swim in the pool of death then you would dance until dawn!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb