THIS WAS SPARTAAAAAA!!! (Prague)


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
September 12th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dukla!

The blues hit pretty hard after Spain as if what do we do now, where do we go? So we booked a trip to Prague renowned for the best beer in Europe, Central Europe's biggest nightclub and the women were apparently not too shabby either - it seemed a good choice!

Add to this the Bloody Beetroot's were playing the first night we arrived it was a recipe for success! A morning pint and breakfast in Bristol a short flight to Prague and we had arrived. The metro system was good and took us 40 minutes to arrive at our very good hostel Czech Inn. After a quick freshen up happy hour in the bar for £1 a pint was fantastic and the beer was smooth! We then caught the tram smashed back some cultural absinthe and hit the club.

The Bloody Beetroot's are an electro DJ pair from Italy and it was a little different from what I was expecting. I love a bop but this was more punk electro than anything with quiet build ups and everyone jumping up and down for an hour and a half when the base dropped there was great energy in the room but not good to get my two step on! We enjoyed the gig it was an experience with a mini mosh pit but after it had finished we played it sensible with a kebab and hit the hay.

The next day we explored the Old Town and the Square, Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. Prague is a beautiful city with cobbled stone roads, big Gothic building a fantastic city to stroll around in. The only disappointment was that we had planned to see the mighty Sparta Prague with old Tomas Repeka playing but because it was a derby had moved the fixture to a Monday night. So we adopted a new team Dukla Prague rising from the ashes this team had reformed and made it back from the bottom to the top.

It was out in the sticks and the stadium was a little run down. The game wasn't great but the mighty Dukla smashed our opponents 4 - 0. The 9 man band section encouraging the sombre crowd to get behind the team. We headed back got smarted into the glad rags and the Karzakov Lane a five story night club the biggest in central Europe. We had a fantastic night in here and stumbled on in at six in the morning.

The next morning we were rough and woke at mid-day spending the remained of the day stumbling round Prague. We saw a few people catching a spot of lunch out of bins in the street, finding little treats like half eaten rolls and casually walking off chomping on their new delicacies, this messed with the melon on a large hang-over. We caught some Premiership football in the bars before hitting a club in the night. Beer prices here in Prague is few and far between stay off the main bars in the squares and keep to the the side lanes and prices and cheaper. We were out of juice by now though so while we were out in spirit the previous two nights had wiped us out.

A large fry-up with our remaining last pennies before we headed for the airport. Prague is the prettiest European city I have visited but again I don't know if its age catching up with us but the next trip we will keep to two nights or not go so hard on the Thursday. Another Fantastic city break and the last of 2011 a beautiful city, fantastic beer and beautiful women - got to love Prague.

Dukla Frygo xxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb