Praha!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
August 8th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our Adventures in Praha



First things first, I have to tell you all that Prague is amazing!!! It is such a beautiful city and so historic. It managed to escape most of the bombing and war from WWII, so a lot of the buildings are in pristine condition. It's really a great thing, especially since the architecture is so great. The buildings are so bright and colorful!

Ok, so onward to our story.

So Brett and I got to Prague on Thursday afternoon, after a quick flight from Roma. We didnt do much that day, even though our flight was at 4:15, since we were pretty tired from the previous days exploring, and we wanted to make SURE we didn't miss our flight. Well we didn't, probably since we got to the airport at 12:30, giving us about 4 hours of chill time.
So, we arrived in Prague, made our way to our hostel, St. Christophers at the Mosiac House, and lemme tell you, this hostel is BRILLIANT! It's brand spanking new, totally clean, and has a terrific bar downstairs. It really is all you could want in a hostel! A great place to meet people (although we found that most people were pretty clicky so we didnt get to meet as many as we may have liked), good facilities, clean room, flatscreen TV, great bathroom... you get the picture (ironic because I can't upload any pictures yet!).

So, our first night was pretty chill, we just stayed in at the bar in our hostel (which was big and crowded) and drank a few beers, talked to a few people, it was chill. We went to bed without much action, but it was okay since we were tired from our long day of traveling.

The next day we finally see Prague! I'll give you all some highlights (which might stink since I can't upload pictures yet, but when I do then you'll all be able to see how beautiful and fun Prague is):
Day 1: (Well technically day 2 but our first day actually exploring)
We went on a walking tour that started at 2pm (We walked around for a bit before we found it and it was only 12:30 so we just kept walking around until it started).
The tour was one of the "Free" Walking tours, meaning that you don't pay anything up front, but if you enjoyed the tour and thought it was worthwhile, then you tip the tour guide. I hadn't done any of these yet, but I thought it was a nifty concept (especially since our tour guide in Vienna was so terrible) so we went for it. Also, it helped having a few friends recommend it!
I just gotta say, the tour and the tour guide were amazing!!!!! We had a recent graduate girl named Sara take us on our tour, and she was phenominal! She really ingrained Prague's history into our head, and we saw so much. It was clear that she had a passion for what she did, and it came out in our tour. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, even though it was 3.5 hours!! Damn that's long! Brett and I didn't think we'd make it through 30 minutes, but she kept us incredibly intrigued and captivated. The tour was so long that afterward we didn't feel like sightseeing anymore (not like there was a lot we COULD see after all that) so we just went back to the hostel, ate dinner, and met some Kiwis! (Kiwi = New Zealanders). They were pretty cool, and after talking with them for a while (and taking shots.... hahah) we decided to go out to this 5 story club. It was walking distance from our hostel, and after a longggg and pit-stop full trip, we finally made it inside. It was incredibly fun, we danced, drank, danced more... hahah! The music was great, mostly american but with a European twist, and everyone was just having a great time. We finally got back around 3:30am, went to bed, and started our second day in Prague!

Day 2:
After our very enjoyable walking tour the day before, we decided to take ANOTHER one, but this time of Prague castle. It was with the same company that did our walking tour the day before, and guess who we got as our tour guide? Sara? No! Haha gotcha. We actually got her roommate, a girl named Sophie. She was also a great tour guide and we learned a lottt about Prague castle and the surrounding monuments. Now the only main damper of the tour was the fact that it was POURING rain! It was incredibly rainy, and not only that, but it rained the ENTIRE time we were on our tour! Sophie said she had NEVER done a tour in that kind of rain before, and kept apologizing for the bad weather. It wasn't her fault, obviously, but it was clear that it made the entire trip less enjoyable for everyone. FINALLY when we finished the tour (which was supposed to be 3.5 hours but ended up being only 3) I HAD to get out of my wet socks. Oh, by the way, we did that tour with the same Kiwis we met the night before, who were all as exhausted as we were. We just chatted, chilled, and hung out for a while. After the tour we all headed back to the Hostel to warm up, and afterward, well, we didn't do anything actually. Hahah. The Kiwis had to catch a train at around 9pm to Krakow and I didn't have the patience or energy to meet new people. Not only that, but I was totally exhausted from the night before and from the constant downpour of the day. Those made for good excuses to stay in and watch TV!

Day 3:
After an uneventful yet restful night, Brett and I got up and kept exploring Prague. I bought my ticket for Berlin (Brett's flight home is tomorrow! So I'm heading to Berlin) and then we just walked around for the day. I got STARBUCKS which was amazing, but pretty much the highlight of the day.

Anyway, I could list all of the things we did in Prague (like the things we saw) but I think that's better left for when I have pictures up. Well, my time on the internet is running low! (I have to pay for the internet at this hostel which is why I haven't updated any blogs in a few days). So I'll try to update again when I get to Berlin.

Until then, Ciao!



Advertisement



8th August 2010

good
very good initiative, i think it is a good idea...
9th August 2010

Prague
Just keep it going...hey if you ever go back check out this blog...http://www.trip2prague.blogspot.com/ good luck with your next adventures

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb