Prague - Day 1 (Old Town Square and surrounds)


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
May 11th 2010
Published: May 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,
This blog is coming from very early on day 3 but we have been way too busy getting out and about in Old Praha to update this...
What a beautiful city! The buildings, the streets and the alleys are all very different to what we are used to, which is no surprise, but a welcomed change.

We have situated ourselves right in the middle of Old Town Square (Staroměstské náměstí) with the Astronomical Clock right out our window (see pics). It's a little TT (Tommy Tourist) but we thought being in the middle of it certainly has it's advantages. St Nicholas Church is across the square and the Tyn Church towering ominously over the square to the right of us. Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance and neo-styles, this place has it all.

We spent a fair amount of time along the river, such a pretty pretty city... And have we mentioned the food?! My Dad would be in heaven. Pork, sausages, sauerkraut, cabbage, potatoes all washed done with a beer, having said that we had German beer with dinner.... Brett has given the Czech beer a good try though and the local wine is definitely drinkable though a
little sweet for me.

Now, pics maybe a little limited in this blog as I have far too many to go through - yes, Japanese Bretty is here! It got to the point yesterday when I had to limit the quality of pics just to get some more shots on the cards - maybe I just get another one? I will add they are beautiful pictures and you want to snap away at every corner. If anyone ever wanted to come here they will inspire you I am sure...

We are going to head out of town today to check out a few spots. We will update Day 2/3 in one blog tomorrow / tonight (or tonight and tomorrow?) after I sort through the aforementioned shots... Something to look forward to though guys, is "The Doors of Old Praha" you betcha, got up early today after the software running the Astronomical clock decided to start it chiming at 6am - anyway, I took off around the traps and back alleys and photographed a hell of a lot of doors - they open you know?

Hope you're all well - we are having a blast!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb